International Journal of Social Sciences (IJSS) is published in two months periods. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis; accepted manuscripts will be published at the most convenient period.
Any paper submitted to the International Journal of Social Sciences (IJSS) should not be under consideration for publication at another journal.
1. Papers can be in English, Turkish, Arabic and other languages.
2. Submit manuscripts electronically to email@example.com
3. Papers that are submitted to the IJSS for publication should not be under review at other journals. Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract)
4. The first page of the manuscript should contain:
(i) the title
(ii) the name(s), position(s), institutional affiliation(s) and e-mail address(es) of (all) the author(s)
(iii) the address, telephone and fax numbers (as well as the e-mail address) of the corresponding author.
(iv) an abstract of 50-200 words.
(v) JEL categories
(vi) 5 keywords
5. Manuscripts should be 1.5 spaced, Please use Times New Roman font in 12 pt. type and maintain a 3 cm side, top, and bottom margin.
6. Equations and symbols should be typed as well.
7. Figures and tables should be numbered consecutively. Width of the table or figure must not exceed 12 cm.
8. Subtitles should be numbered consecutively (1., 1.1., 1.2., 2., 2.1., 2.2., etc.)
9. References should be listed at the end of the main text in alphabetical order. They should be cross-referenced in the text by using the author's name and publication date in the style of Civan (2015), or (Kumar, 2008: 12-15).
10. Manuscripts should be prepared using APA style. For detailed information, refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.), http://apastyle.org
11. Use of DOI of references is highly encouraged.
1. Moderation: Each paper is reviewed by the editors and, if it is judged suitable for the journal, it is then sent to two independent referees for double blind peer review. All submitted manuscripts are read by the editorial staff. Only those papers that seem most likely to meet our editorial criteria are sent for formal review to save time for authors and peer-reviewers. Those papers judged by the editors to be of insufficient general interest, lack of originality, not well presented or inappropriate are rejected promptly without external review.
2. Double-blind review: After moderation, manuscripts are subject to double-blind peer review by the members of the Editorial Board and two anonymous external reviewers.
The manuscript is accepted or rejected depending on the reviewer’s conclusion and the Editorial decision. All manuscripts are verified for their originality using the originality detection software.
The reviewing results can be formulated as Paper is Accepted/Minor revision/Major revision or Rejected.
The Editorial Team does not enter into correspondence with the authors of rejected papers.The papers which were once rejected are not to be reconsidered.
The common reasons for rejection are lack of scientific novelty, insufficient originality or non-conformity to the scientific area covered by the Journal. The authors receive the notification of the Editor’s decision and requests for revision by e-mail.
3. Acceptance: Articles that receive positive reviews are included in the list for publication.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice
International Journal of Social Sciences (IJSS) is committed to upholding the highest standards of publication ethics and takes all possible measures against any publication malpractices.
International Journal of Social Sciences (IJSS) is committed to objective and fair double-blind peer-review of the submitted for publication works and to prevent any actual or potential conflict of interests between the editorial and review personnel and the reviewed material. Any departures from the above-defined rules should be reported directly to the Editors, who are unequivocally committed to providing swift resolutions to any of such a type of problem. In order to ensure the journal with the highest quality, IJSS is guided by the following principles:
The Editors of IJSS are responsible for initial screening of the manuscripts submitted, after which the further review-process decision is made. The manuscripts may be rejected without review if the Editors consider the manuscripts obviously not suitable and under the accepted standards for publication in IJSS. During the reviewing process of the submitted papers, the Editors should limit themselves only to the academic and intellectual content. The Editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's Editorial board and should ignore any material that ruptures legal requirements concerning libel, copyright infringement, and plagiarism. They must ensure the confidentiality of the submitted manuscripts. In case of the Editors decide not to publish a material, the manuscript should not be used for other purposes without the express written permission of the authors. The Editors will conserve the anonymity of reviewers and promote the publication of corrections, clarifications, retractions, and apologies when necessary. The Editors have complete responsibility and authority whether the paper submitted should be accepted or rejected. The Editors will accept the manuscripts when rationally and fairly certain. The Editors should have no conflict of pursuits toward to articles they reject/accept.
The reviewers of IJSS assist the Editors in taking the decision of publishing a submitted manuscript. The reviewers have to treat the manuscript received for peer-reviewing with strict confidentiality, fairness, and professionalism. They will avoid personal predispositions in their review and judgments. Review of submitted manuscripts must be done adequately and the reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments. The reviewed manuscripts and reviewers` reports with supporting comments must not be shared with other parties. Relying on the reviewing process, Final decision (accepted or accepted with minor revision or accepted with major revision or rejected) will be undertaken and sent to the authors. Reviewers and Editorial board may be asked to re-evaluate the revised manuscript if there are concerns that the paper has not been objectively revised to address the issues raised. In the case, that the reviewer can not complete the reviewing process within the scheduled time, the reviewer must inform the Editors so the manuscript could be sent to another reviewer. The reviewers will be selected in that way if there is no conflict of interest toward the research, the authors, the company, institutions connected with the paper.
All authors submitting their works to the IJSS for publication as original articles attest that the submitted works represent their authors' contributions and have not been copied or plagiarized in whole or in part from other works. Authors acknowledge and cite content reproduced from other sources. They will obtain permission to reproduce any content from other sources. So that sources of other materials should be appropriately cited. The authors have to ensure that all data in the article are real and valid and should provide withdrawal or corrections of mistakes each time they consider it is needed. Any attempt of plagiarism should be followed by the rejection of the submitted manuscript. The manuscript submitted to the IJSS must not be published or be under the reviewing process elsewhere in the same form, in English or any other languages. If the manuscript submitted is published in any other languages, the paper is rejected and taken out of the evaluation process. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal simultaneously assigns unethical publishing behavior unless otherwise specified. Two manuscripts from the same authors could not be under the evaluation process at the same time. The authors acknowledge that they have disclosed all and any actual or potential conflicts of interest with their work or partial benefits associated with it. Public propagation of the reviewer reports and the editorial correspondence by the authors is improper. Authors are bound to participate in the peer-review process and to provide corrections of mistakes. To verify originality, the manuscript submitted is checked by the Plagiarism detection service.
The Editors must not allow plagiarism or fraudulent data to be published. The ruptures of any legal requirements, plagiarism, multiple submission, and fraudulent use of data will lead to the retraction of the manuscript. No plagiarism and no fraudulent data shall be accepted. The Editors and reviewers must work under strict confidentiality and anonymity. The Editors, Editorial Board, reviewers, authors, and IJSS staff members are expected to respect the basic standards for expert resilience, professional tolerance and respect.
The Editors and Editorial board are bound to safeguard and monitor the publishing ethics.
Open Access Policy
International Journal of Social Sciences (IJSS) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
email to send an article :